Sweet Gemma was brought to the Rifle Animal Shelter and was very scared, and unsure of people. After arriving here from New Mexico, and traveling with her one surviving pup, Gemma was very stressed! After a heart worm test was done with our Veterinarian, it was discovered that Gemma was heart worm positive. Heart worm is caused by a parasitic worm. It is spread from mosquito bites and can be deadly if left untreated. With lots of cage rest and love from her foster, over the next few months Gemma greatly improved and has been cleared of heart worm! She is now in her forever home and is doing wonderfully with her new family. Thank you Cindy Lee and the Wags and Menace Make a Difference Foundation so much for the life saving medical funding.